- Promoted to Associate Professor with tenure at UBC (2016).
- NSERC Discovery Accelerator Supplement (DAS) Award for 2016-2019. "The DAS Program provides
substantial and timely resources to researchers who have a superior research program that is highly rated in terms of
originality and innovation, and who show strong potential to become international leaders within their field.”
- Leaders of Tomorrow: Future of Software Engineering, invited vision paper and talk titled,
Software Analysis for the Web: Achievements and Prospects.
- Best Paper Award at ICWE 2013 for our empirical study on client-side hidden-web.
- Awarded an NSERC Strategic Project Grant (2012-2015).
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with the APEGBC (2011).
- Appointed assistant professor in Software Engineering, department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, UBC (2011).
- Recipient of a VENI research grant (2010) from The Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO).
- Visiting Researcher, Fujitsu Laboratories of America, Sunnyvale, USA. (2010).
- ACM Distinguished Paper Award at ICSE 2009, with Arie van Deursen, for our work on automated testing of Ajax-based web applications.
- Post-doctoral researcher in the Software Engineering Research Group (2009-2010).
- Obtained the PhD degree cum laude (with honors) in Computer Science (2009) from Delft University of Technology, advised by prof. dr. Arie van Deursen and titled "Analysis and Testing of Ajax-based Single-Page
- Software engineer at West (2001-2005)