Here are some interesting links about archaeology:
- Machu Picchu, the hidden city of the Incas in Peru
- The Parthian city of Nesa
- The Mongol Khans and their coins
- More Scythians
- Sites related to Ancient Egypt
- A history of Hungary, covering Huns, Avars, etc.
- Classical Greece mythology and art
- After Illiad: the epic continues...
- The city of Moenjodaro
- The Elamite city of Chogha Zanbil
- Iran Cultural Heritage Organization website
- Archaeology reports from Iran Cultural Heritage Organization
- The official website of
The Chicago University Oriental Institute, which has carried out the most important
archaological excavations at Persepolis
- 3-D Reconstruciton of Persepolis
- Reconstruction Map of Persepolis,
after the late Erich Schmidt
- Postal history and stamps of Iran
- The Sumerian culture
- The City of Hatra
- The Official Website of the Hittite City of Hattusa and the sanctuary of Yazilikaya
- The City of Troy
- www.avesta.org, A vast Avesta site,
including the complete text in Avestan, English and German translations.
- Avestan, Pahlavi... Dictionaries. The website includes dictionaries for numerous languages.
Avestan, Pahlavi, Soqdian... Dictionaries
- Click here to see my photos of the matchless
Inscriptions Gallery of the National Museum,
home of thousands of priceless ancient inscriptions and bas-relieves
- The Archaeology Magazine
- UNESCO's World Heritage Sites List
- The Archaeological Institute of America
- Journal of Near Eastern Studies
- The All-Empires Chart, a nice guide to the history of the world with many links and illustrations
- Historical speeches from Armestrong to Zedong!
- The Fravahr Organization
- The Roland Collection of films and videos on art